Monday, April 20, 2009

Kinetic Typography

I about killed all my creative brain cells on the last bumper (or now I am calling them Series Roll Ins), it's the little video that plays before Pastor Steve delivers the message each Sunday. Some of you might have seen my tweets or facebook status updates that I was working on something called Kinetic Typography. I though I'd tell you a little about the process. First off you have to record the voice over, it's just easier this way. Then, once the VO is done you can start the syncing process, which is the tedious part. Basically you have to type out each word so that each word is its own layer. Once you have a sentence, or sometimes even just one word done, you make that block of text its own layer. Then one you have done this to the entire VO you can start the creative process. This is the part that can really get hard because lets face it, there is only so much you can do with text. But I figure that once I am more confident with this technique I'll be more creative. It was a lot of fun and a great challenge for me. Here is the Roll In I created for the new series titled 'How Faith Grows.'
Pastor Steve wrote the script.

2 comments:

Melissa-D said...

Love it!!! You always do an amazing job, and I look forward to seeing your work each Sunday!

Robin said...

You go Vince...you da' man...da' media man! OK. Enough with the dorkiness. ;-)

Seriously though, Vince. I think you have one really cool job, and I love to see what new ideas you come up with every time there is a new sermon series.

Kudos my friend.