Saturday, January 1, 2011

Seven-Nine Productions

In case you don't know, I am running a small production company dedicated to helping people bring their projects to life. I am calling it Seven-Nine Productions and the way it got its name is a pretty funny story.

As you know Laura and I are both Disney nuts. Well on one of our more recent trips I was trying to think of a name to call my new company and I wanted it to be related to Disney, but only in a very obscure kind of way, thats just how I roll. Anyway, we were riding the TTA, or for those that are not in the know the Tomorrow-land Transit Authority, and as we came to the part of the ride that takes you through Space Mountain I saw a sign that read 'Star Port Seven-Nine'....more on this later....but I saw that sign and that was my eureka moment. "I'll name it after this and no one will ever guess it came from my love of Disney, but I will!" So thats what I did. When we got home I immediately went to work on creating logos and business cards and all kinds of stuff, even the website. I was so excited that the new company name reminded me of Disney and that vacation and all the great memories from it, I couldn't wait to go back and snap a photo of the sign that inspired me so much to post it here in this blog! Well, a few months ago we went again, it was back in October I think. We hopped onto the TTA and I started looking for that sign again, camera in hand. You know how memories aren't exactly the best sometimes? How they can change the color of a car, or the size of a building? Well this is what happened to my sign, in my mind it was a small, out of the way tiny sign that you would only see if you where really looking hard for it. In fact I had ride the TTA a number of time before I realized what I had seen on that fateful trip I named my company from. As I said before the sign did say Star Port, but it never read seven-nine, it really read Star Port Seven-Five and it was in Space Mountain, so at least I got that part right. So here I was reading the sign and realizing how wrong I was and thinking to myself...."All the business cards, the logos, the website...it was all based off what I thought this sign said...and now I find out it's a Five and not a Nine!?" Oh well....at least I can say that I was original now! lol.

That's basically the story in a nutshell. I have recently updated the website with all new info and even a new demo reel. If you want to check it out click here. Before you go, take a look at my new demo reel below!


No comments: